Enterprise is the Main Protagonist in Azur lane the Animation, an aircraft carrier of Eagle Union. Her first appearance is in episode 1 and the Younger sister of Yorktown and the Older sister of Hornet. Her CVs are Yui Ishikawa (Japanese) and Rachael Messer (English).
Enterprise has shown to be very kind and caring for her friends and will do anything to protect them even putting herself in danger including the Commander.
In the Anime, she was shown to be very introverted throughout the episode and was less social with other ships except Cleveland. she also shown to be very warring about comparing humans between shipgirls as different species, not until Belfast, who was ordered by Queen Elizabeth to watch over Enterprise to check up on her for a while being. Enterprise has always been frowning most of the time as well and also very refusal when Belfast tells her to eat and was unwilling due to her habit of eating MRE all day without a proper meal. After Episode 12, Enterprise becomes a complete different person and which lead her to who she is now currently.
Both Akagi and Enterprise does not get along very well due to their history few years ago and possibly the battle of mid-way. Akagi also has held a massive hatred and grudge towards Enterprise and seen her as Rival and will do anything to stop her even sinking her so she can be considered the best and strongest.
Much like Akagi, she holds a grudge towards Enterprise but except she would fight her without hesitating and will fight head on her own without a second thought which would lead her to being hurt heavily.
Zuikaku will do anything to hunt down the Enterprise and claim her to be the one to sink the Grey Ghost. Enterprise would encounter her with the first being sneaked behind, despite the risk of being endangering herself even though Enterprise is far more capable of handling herself compare to Zuikaku; But Zuikaku was able to damage her bow and rigging leaving her wide open and try to attack her with a finishing blow before being interrupted by a Maid who goes by the name Belfast. Their second encounter was never met in person as Zuikaku along with Shoukaku was tricked by Hornet who pretended to be Enterprise to get their attention. Their last encounter was at the battle where Akagi was ready to unleash their Secret weapon, Zuikaku along with the other ships enter the portal and attacked head on, before noticing Enterprise riding one of her own biplanes and try to chase after her before Kaga stops her and wanting to deal her with by herself.
Enterprise and Amagi did not talk as much but Amagi has respected Enterprise about her in her dream, before explaining about Akagi and Kaga and then departed afterwards and tells Enterprise to take care of her sister.
- Her character design has long white hair and violet eyes. She wears a long black coat with gold trimmings and a velvet red interior.
- Her in real life version is a flat 761 feet long aircraft carrier that can carry at max 96 seaborne aircraft, including torpedo bombers, dive bombers, and fighters
USS Enterprise (CV-6) was a Yorktown-class carrier built for the United States Navy during the 1930s. She was the seventh U.S. Navy vessel of that name. Colloquially called "The Big E", she was the sixth aircraft carrier of the United States Navy. Launched in 1936, she was one of only three American carriers commissioned before World War II to survive the war (the others being Saratoga and Ranger). She participated in more major actions of the war against Japan than any other United States ship. These actions included the attack on Pearl Harbor — 18 Douglas SBD Dauntless dive bombers of her Air Group arrived over the harbor during the attack; seven were shot down with eight airmen killed and two wounded, making her the only American aircraft carrier with men at Pearl Harbor during the attack and the first to sustain casualties during the Pacific War — the Battle of Midway, the Battle of the Eastern Solomon's, the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands, various other air-sea engagements during the Guadalcanal Campaign, the Battle of the Philippine Sea, and the Battle of Leyte Gulf. Enterprise earned
20 battle stars, the most for any U.S. warship in World War II, and was the most decorated U.S. ship of World War II. She was also the first American ship to sink a full-sized enemy warship after the Pacific War had been declared when her aircraft sank the Japanese submarine I-70 on 10 December 1941. On three occasions during the war, the Japanese announced that she had been sunk in battle, inspiring her nickname "The Grey Ghost". By the end of the war, her planes and guns had downed 911 enemy planes, sunk 71 ships, and damaged or destroyed 192 more.
The Douglas SBD Dauntless is a World War II American naval scout plane and dive bomber that was manufactured by Douglas Aircraft from 1940 through 1944. The SBD ("Scout Bomber Douglas") was the United States Navy's main carrier-based scout/dive bomber from mid-1940 through mid-1944. The SBD was also flown by the United States Marine Corps, both from land air bases and aircraft carriers. The SBD is best remembered as the bomber that delivered the fatal blows to the Japanese carriers at the Battle of Midway in June 1942. The type earned its nickname "Slow But Deadly" (from its SBD initials) during this period.
During its combat service, the SBD proved to be an excellent naval scout plane and dive bomber. It possessed long range, good handling characteristics, maneuverability, potent bomb load, great diving characteristics from the perforated dive brakes, good defensive armament, and ruggedness.
When launching an airstrike: 40% (70%) chance to deal double damage with that airstrike, and evade all incoming attacks for 8s.
Ability's (Anime exclusive)
- Immense Strength and Stamina: Enterprise is shown to be able to face her opponent without tiring out, which also demonstrate her against Zuikaku and was be able to keep up on her speed and strength.
- Immense Speed: As a Aircraft Carrier, she can move quickly in battle or out of battle.
- Archery skills: Enterprise has shown excellency as she never shown to miss her shot
- Awakened State: After her memory with her alternative self, she reawakened as far more stronger then she was before, increasing most her of physical attributes drastically and allowing her to fly for a short amount of time. Shown by Kaga as she stood no chance against her and fell into the Ocean slowly before being caught by her shockwave.
- Levitation: Much similar to Akagi, she can levitate and fly normally without any issues. Although this has only had happen once she has awakened after dying and revert back to her normal state.
- Enterprise earned the moniker Grey Ghost due to the fact that she was announced by the Japanese navy as sunk, hence the name Grey Ghost
- The most decorated American warship in World War II
- Enterprise is one of three American aircraft carriers that was commissioned before World War II and survived the war
- In English servers, she is a icon app for the game.